Thursday, October 25, 2012

All good things must come to an end...

October 25

I don't even know where to begin this post for today because my emotions have been a complete roller coaster. I can't wait to be home. I've had a migraine. I don't want to leave. I can't wait to use a toilet and not have to check for bats or rats. I can't imagine not ending my day tucking in sweet little girls to bed. I can't wait for fall weather because I've been sweating since I've been here. I'm not ready to have to explain my trip to people. 

I'm praying so much that God will help me transition back to the US. My heart is breaking tonight knowing that all of these sweet kids at Canaan will go to bed tomorrow night by themselves, without special attention from anyone. They have already started crying tonight because we are leaving, so tomorrow is going to be very hard. 

Today we went to visit a tribe of people called the Karamjong. (I'm sure I misspelled that.) These women are refugees from northern Uganda. They escaped the brutality of the war and have become prostitutes here in Jinja. A man named Pastor Andrew started ministering to them a few years ago and the progress that these people have made is AMAZING. God has been working all over the place in their village. These women, who once sold their bodies away, now have a relationship with The Lord and have been restored. They once practiced witchcraft and worshipped whatever they thought to be a god. They know what it is like to be loved and valued by a living God. They are the lowest of the low in Uganda. Their children are made fun of in school because they look a little different. But these people have found their value in God. Their lives have been changed and it is so evident. Their prayer requests today were to have a market to sell their beads, for healing of sickness, and to know God more. They may be seen as dirt to the people of this world, but in our awesome God they have found hope, love and life.

We went back to Canaan Primary school this afternoon to give out lollipops and play with the kids. It was hard to say goodbye to some of the kids there, including my friend Kamya. He had just as hard of a time saying goodbye to m e as I did to him. I told them that because he has Jesus in his heart that if I don't see him again in Africa then I will get to see him in heaven. Lord, haste the day.

Please be praying for our travels tomorrow. It is a Muslim holiday and so there are a lot of nervous team members. I know that God's plans are perfect and I am praying that whatever happens in our day will bring Him the most glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment