Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sangaalo

October 24

I have not yet cried in this trip, but today broke me. We went to Sangaalo baby home and I fell in love with that ministry. I don't even know where to begin in writing this post but I will try my best. We got to the baby home this morning and played with the kids. We fed them a snack and sat around outside with them. One little girl had a very high fever, runny nose and cough. We looked over and realized that she was seizing. Her seizure lasted about 5 minutes. It so so helpless to be sitting in the middle of nowhere watching a child seize and being able to do nothing. The only thing we could do was count the time and turn her on her side. We put cold rags on her forehead. Luckily they had ice so we were able to put that on her too. Damalie took her to the hospital while we and the aunties took care of the other kids. We then fed the kids lunch, helped bathe the and put them down for a nap. Then Damalie shared her testimony with us.

I know that I constantly talk about how amazing people are, but this woman is my hero. What she has followed God to in her life is incredible. I cannot type it all out but basically she came from nothing at all and now takes in babies who are abandoned. She currently has 13 babies in the home and is trying to place them in adoptive homes in Uganda or restore them back to their families if the social worker says they can. Her heart is to also start international adoptions but she does not have time to start this process right now.

This ministry has several needs right now. Some of them include Bumbo chairs, cloth diapers, sippy cups (American made), 12-18 month clothes and up (used or new), formula and more. If you feel that you can help this ministry please let me know and I will help you connect with her!

The other team just got back and told me that my friend Kamya wrote me a letter and sent it back with them. I am so excited to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment